In Docs we can create header and footer templates that are applied to documents automatically.
Templates are linked by folder or classification.
The models and documents sent must be in the extension .docx.
- Go to Dashboard.
- Click on Docs – Documents.
3. Click on the “Header and footer templates” tab
We can put TAGs in the header and footer, so the document data is automatically inserted.
TAGs are document registration data between the symbol #. For example, # name # will display the name of the document in the header / footer when using this TAG.
To view the available TAGs click on “Header and footer templates”> “TAGs”.
If the classification that will be linked to the header and footer has metadata registered, insert it as it was entered between #.
To create a header and footer template in word, open a new document.
This document must be empty, with only the header and footer.
Double-click on the top of the document to enable the header and footer.
Assemble the header and footer as needed.
- The borders of the table should be 1pt thick. Due to the limitation of the online word viewer, the table is not displayed if this isn’t the case.
- The images must be in JPEG format.
- Select Ignore All for spelling corrections (red underline).
- If you want the lines to not be visible, you must paint them white.
- For TAGs typed wrong, delete and re-type them.
- Select Auto Adjustment – Automatically adjust to the window, for better arrangement of the table.
- There must not be shapes, SmartArt, or hyperlinks in the document. It is necessary to be an image.
- Change the row height and column width of the table by centimeters.
- Close the header and footer to complete.
Sending the template to DOCS
Click on the “ Header and Footer Templates”> “New” tab.
The screen for entering the model will appear.
- Name: Enter the name that will be used in the model.
- File: Select the .docx file on the computer.
- Folder: Select the folder that will have this header as a template. It will be replicated to the subfolders.
- Classification: To which classification the model will be linked. Selecting ” Not Informed” is applied to all classifications.
Click ” Record” to finish.
After inserting a new header and footer template, it will be applied only to new documents.
For units that have the option Password confirmation for critical operations enabled in the Qualiex security options, it will be necessary to enter the password to complete the shipment of the new model.
After this, when sending a new document, the configured header and footer will be applied.
To check if the header / footer is as desired, send a document without changing the revision number.